May 2-8, 2016
The 2015 Children's Choice Book Awards Ceremony was held on Monday, May 4th, 2015.
Watch the Red Carpet Interviews!
Our friends at KidLit TV hosted red-carpet interviews at the Children’s Choice Book Awards on Monday, May 4. Watch School Library Journal contributor and Empire State Center for the Book Director Rocco Staino chat with your favorite kid lit creators!
All proceeds will benefit Every Child A Reader, a 501(c)(3) non-profit committed to instilling a lifelong love of reading in children. Please see below for ticket purchase and sponsorship information.
2015 Event Details
Monday, May 4, 2015
6pm Dinner Reception, 7-8pm Awards Ceremony
Age range: 8 and up
Open to the public with ticket purchase (information below).
Join us for the Academy Awards of children’s literature — a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet your favorite children’s book authors and illustrators in person!
The Children’s Choice Book Awards is the only national book awards program where winning titles are selected by young readers of all ages. 2015 winners will be announced live at the 8th Annual Children’s Choice Book Awards Ceremony.
This year’s co-hosts are:
- Jon Scieszka, first National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature; author of The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales, and many more beloved books for young readers; and founder of Guys Read – a web-based literacy program for boys whose mission is "to help boys become self-motivated, lifelong readers."
- Betsy Bird, librarian, author, children’s literature blogger and reviewer.
All proceeds will benefit Every Child A Reader, a 501(c)3 literacy organization committed to instilling a lifelong love of reading in children.
This year’s presenters are kid lit luminaries:
- Sophie Blackall
- Matt de la Pen̄a
- Tim Federle
- David Levithan
- Andrea Davis Pinkney
- Sergio Ruzzier
- Brian Selznick
- Jacqueline Woodson
2015 Ticket Purchase & Sponsorship Opportunities
There is a limited amount of seating for the Awards Ceremony. Tickets and sponsorships are available on a first come, first served basis. Check or credit card payments accepted.
For more information, e-mail: 2015CCBA@ecarfoundation.org
- Adult Ticket(s) at $300 each
- Child Ticket(s) at $50 each (18 and under)
• Twenty-five event tickets • Admission to pre-show VIP reception with presenters • Full-page journal ad • VIP seating for the Awards Ceremony • Prime placement of logo projected on screen • Prime placement of logo on all event signage and in video
• Ten event tickets • Full-page journal ad • Preferred seating for the Awards Ceremony • Logo projected on screen • Logo on all event signage and video
• Five event tickets • Half-page journal ad • Prominent seating for the Awards Ceremony • Logo projected on screen • Company listing on all event signage and video
Check out CCBA Gala pictures on Facebook!
2011 Gala Host Jarrett Krosoczka (back left) and LeVar Burton (right)
flank the evening's Reading-Rainbow-theme-song band!