May 4-10, 2015
The 2015 Children's Choice Book Awards Ceremony will be held on Monday, May 4th.
Last year's Children's Choice Book Awards gala was Wednesday, May 14, 2014
The Gala is a charity event to benefit Every Child A Reader, a 501(c)3 literacy organization committed to instilling a lifelong love of reading in children. Please see below for ticket purchase and sponsorship information.
2014 Event Details
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
6pm Dinner Reception, 7-8pm Awards Ceremony
Age range: 8 and up
Open to the public with ticket purchase (information below).
130 Bowery (at Bowery and Grand)
New York, NY 10013
Join us for the Academy Awards of children’s literature — a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet your favorite children’s book authors and illustrators in person!
The Children’s Choice Book Awards is the only national book awards program where winning titles are selected by young readers of all ages. 2014 winners will be announced live at the 7th Annual Children’s Book Week Gala. This year’s host is Kate DiCamillo, National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature and Newbery Medal winner for Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures!
All proceeds will benefit Every Child A Reader, a 501(c)3 literacy organization committed to instilling a lifelong love of reading in children.
The awards ceremony will be live-streamed so that young voters may watch the results in real time from home. The video will also be available on-demand after the ceremony — host a viewing party with your young readers to celebrate their favorite books!
Kate DiCamillo: National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature and this year’s Newbery Medal winner for Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures!
The Impact award pays tribute to an individual whose actions or programs have creatively and significantly moved forward our collective mission of instilling a lifelong love of reading in children.
We are honored to present this year's award to LeVar Burton in recognition of his longstanding commitment to connecting children and books and for promoting the joy of reading through the Reading Rainbow television series and the Reading Rainbow app.
This year’s Gala presenters are kid lit luminaries:
- Holly Black, author of The Spiderwick Chronicles and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
- Nick Bruel, creator of the Bad Kitty series
- Brian Floca, this year’s Caldecott medal winner for Locomotive
- Robin Preiss Glasser, bestselling Fancy Nancy illustrator and 2013 Children’s Choice Illustrator of the Year Award-winner for Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet
- Jarrett J. Krosoczka, creator of the Lunch Lady graphic-novel series
- Lauren Myracle, author of the best-selling Internet Girls series
2014 Gala Ticket Purchase & Sponsorship Opportunities
There is a limited amount of seating for the Awards Ceremony. Tickets and sponsorships are available on a first come, first served basis. Check or credit card payments accepted.
For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Ticket(s) at $300 each
- Child Ticket(s) at $50 each (18 and under)
• Twenty-five event tickets • Admission to pre-show VIP reception with presenters • Full-page journal ad • VIP seating for the Awards Ceremony • Prime placement of logo projected on screen • Prime placement of logo on all event signage and in video
• Ten event tickets • Full-page journal ad • Preferred seating for the Awards Ceremony • Logo projected on screen • Logo on all event signage and video
• Five event tickets • Half-page journal ad • Prominent seating for the Awards Ceremony • Logo projected on screen • Company listing on all event signage and video
Check out CCBA Gala pictures on Facebook!
2011 Gala Host Jarrett Krosoczka (back left) and LeVar Burton (right)
flank the evening's Reading-Rainbow-theme-song band!